Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Beauty and the Annoyance of Nature

Last night I peeked out of my back door and saw the cutest little mama raccoon and her three babies. My heart melted of course, so I didn't shake my fist this time. In fact, they started coming to the door but stopped and walked away. So I thought we had made peace until I went outside this morning and found some of my container vegetables dug out and destroyed. I tried to save a tomato plant, but I don't know if it will make it. Hopefully they will leave everything else alone. I guess it was my own damned fault for using all that fish emulsion. I wasnt thinking. Im sure it would have been better if I had fertalized earlier that morning instead of late afternoon. Little assholes. :(

It really made me grouchy this morning, but then I went and watered the other garden and pulled weeds. Watching the bees buzzing around the artichokes made me a whole lot happier.
I feel like I'm in gardening school and that I'm in the right place at the right time. I'm supposed to be learning how to do this. Because whatever I knew in a past life, I have forgotten. I'd love to have  my own yard again to beautify one day. I was a homeowner once. Two homes to be exact - not at the same time. Most don't know that. I was Susie Homemaker. But that was long ago and far away..............we wont go into how long ago that was.......................I moved on to be a cool artist chick - or something like that............... but things are coming full circle and  I would love to fill a yard again with herbs, flowers, and lots of organic edibles. But until then, I'll just make all the mistakes now. I'll relearn..I'll do it better this  time.

No comments:

Post a Comment