Monday, November 11, 2013

January 2013 Part One


































I started feeling sorry for the birds in early January and I draped a string of popcorn and cranberries in the coyote bush out in the field. Coyote is an indigenous California bush. Its not the prettiest plant Ive ever seen, but it works in our drought ridden fallow fields and countryside. I should have been paying attention to what grows in the ground in this spot. But what the hell did I know? Now I do: pay attention to what grows in the ground near your chosen gardening spot.And study your soil. Get pH tests. I did none of this.

The birds wanted none of my present, so I eventually threw it in the compost. Ingrates.

































 As I said before, I started throwing vegetable peels and whatever could be composted out into the little patch of ground that I was able to dig up after the rains. I knew this wasn't really the way to go - esp. after I encouraged my upstairs neighbor to throw stuff down onto the soil for me. But it started getting out of hand with whole potatoes and stuff being tossed out her window. It was kind of funny though. I figured it couldn't hurt in the long run and that anything was going to help this poor, tired out soil. I did end up having  to rake up some food stuffs that were just going to attract rodents and other critters.
































 My plan was to turn this field into a lush garden. There is an orb over there in the upper left corner that I cant figure out .........probably just a reflection. But of what - because there is nothing to reflect off of over there. Maybe the fairies were happy of my plan. Then I took another photo a few feet back.......
































 Still an orb in the same place. So it must be a reflection. Right?

I told my friend in town the other day about my pictures with orbs in them and she just did a shoulder shrug thing and said, "oh yeah. I see those flying around your house all the time."
I was like..."WHAT???????? And you never told me?????????"
So I have orbs, dear friends. Ive always wanted one. And now I do. I have no idea what this means. She said that its "Magical Science". I like that.

































 But anyway. My turnips were doing good in the bins and I vowed that I would plant some in the ground this spring. There was also kale and chard in a few pots, which was awesome to go out and pick when I needed some greens. I was determined to get a lot of future produce out of all of this. All of this abandoned splendor.






No comments:

Post a Comment