Saturday, July 7, 2012

Liver Rehab

Ive been craving Milk Thistle tea for the last few months. I think my liver has told me that Ive done enough damage and now its time for a little rehab. I don't drink much alcohol, but I did used to take a lot of over- the-counter inflammatories. Not so good for the old blood purifier that has to work overtime................ Milk Thistle has good restorative powers. My liver thanks me. This herb seed tea has a really nice, mild taste that I can drink large quantities of without any honey. It cant hurt you - only help. I even keep a couple thistle plants around my tomato plants - despite the pain inflicted on my bare legs whenever I forget they are there!

And the other jar is the first harvest of my Summer Savory. More is on the way. It is one of my favorite of the culinary herbs and I'm so happy to finally be able to grow and use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment